BSP Capital Limited (BCAP), formally Capital Stockbrokers, was acquired by the Bank of South Pacific (BSP) in 2005, and since then has grown to be the leading stock-broker in Papua New Guinea, accounting for approximately 80% of all daily trades on the Port Moresby Stock Exchange (POMSoX). BCAP is a founding member of the Port Moresby Stock Exchange and currently holds a 62.5% interest in POMSoX.
BCAP is a wholly owned subsidiary of BSP, the largest publicly listed bank in the South Pacific Region. It has assisted BSP with a number of capital raisings, including a recent Convertible Note issue in Fiji and a sizeable Subordinated Note issue in PNG.
BCAP is also a licensed Investment Manager, currently managing the investments of a diverse range of clients, including some of the largest Superannuation Funds, Savings & Loan Societies and Landowner Groups in PNG.
BSP Capital offers a comprehensive suite of products and services including:
- Trade Execution
- Investment Advice
- Access to Initial Public Offerings (IPO's)
- Institutional grade research: in-depth market research on a wide range of companies listed on the local and international stock exchanges. BCAP is the only organisation producing research on PNG-listed companies, for institutions and the general public, and currently has in excess of 4,000 subscribers.
- Domestic and International Shares
- Asset Allocation and Risk Management
- Customized Portfolio Construction and Management
- Investment Management, including the administration of client investments in Treasury Bills, Government Inscribed Stocks (Bonds), Property, Shares and Term Deposits.
To become the premier financial services institution in the South Pacific region by providing service of the highest order in stock-broking, funds management and corporate advisory.
BSP Capital aims to;
- build the most cost-competitive advisory broking service in South Pacific;
- satisfy the needs of the most sophisticated equities traders;
- offer value to clients for all products delivered;
- maintain a culture of totally professional client service at all levels of the organisation;
- be the industry leader at all times;
- offer a degree of technological expertise and support indicative of a major industry player;
- focus on offering straight-forward investment products, rather than those involving higher risks, which may not be readily apparent to a private investor.